How to use this blog? Use the blog search engine and type in key words such as Float Trip, Walk-Wade, Float Tube, Lessons, Pesos, Fy Rods, Flies, Best Months, etc. The search engine is located on the right side, just below the weather. FYI, there are over 100 post about fishing Patagonia...the information you are looking for, is probably on this blog. Thanks.
|Hybrid DIY trip. Northern Patagonia. Photo by FCFF|
Hybrid DIY Trips
Looking for multiple options? These trips are best suited for those who are capable of doing a full blown DIY trip, but wish to have a variety of experiences and regular access to more modern conveniences. These trips are 100% customizable and may include a combination of the following:
- 2-3 days of DIY walk-wade fishing. You many elect to camp or stay in Junin de los Andes.
- 2-3 days drift boat fishing; with the option of over night camping. Due to transportation logistics, lodging in Junin de los Andes is recommended.
- 2-3 days float tube fishing; with the option of over night camping on the river.
- 1-2 days of large lake fishing in our two man rafts, or single man float tubes.
Combining Floats with Overnight Camping
I can't think of a better way to truly fish and feel Patagonia! Having DIY camped and fished much of Patagonia, I sincerely believe that everyone should afford themselves this opportunity. Why? Leave the busy world behind and...
- Witness spectacular Patagonian sunsets.
- Wine and dine next to a wild Patagonia river.
- Experience a Patagonia Asado (BBQ).
- Rest/relax next to the fire, and enjoy Patagonia fresh air and deafening silence.
- Sleep out in the open air, under the stars and view the southern cross.
- Sleep in your cozy/comfy tent, complete with cots, sleeping bags and pillows.
- Fish till dark and wake up for the early A.M. hatch.
|Enjoy Patagonia with your family and friends.|
|Patagonia Asado and Meat Cross: Only the bones were left.|
|Dining under the Patagonia stars = Real Patagonia Experience.|
- Where: Northern Patagonia, based out of Junin de los Andes.
- Who: Trips available for one to six anglers (if more, let's discuss).
- Equipment: We provide all camping equipment, but people come in all sizes/shapes and each of us have different personal needs. So, for your personal comfort, you have the option of bringing your own sleeping bag, air-mattress, head-lamp, etc. Prior to travel, and to ensure that you are 100% comfortable, please discuss directly with me.
- Cost: Each Hybrid DIY trip is 100% customized to meet your personal needs. Please contact FCFF for more details.
Frequent Hybrid DIY Question & Answer
Q: Can I hire you just for float trips?
A: Yes, of course. Splitting the cost 50/50 with a buddy can make the daily price extremely affordable. Ask us about our extend float trip (more than 4 days) discount!
Q: Will you be camping with us on the combination float/camp trips?
A: Generally, I am hosting you 24/7. However, if I am not with you, you are in the trusted hands of my partner and head guide.
Q: How many days can we float and camp?
A: We have done float/camp trips up to 5 nights. Truth be told, it's too much for the average client. We highly recommend 1-2 nights camping.
Q: Can you send me more detailed information about your services.
A: Yes. One we receive a deposit, you will receive an in depth welcome brochure. 99.9% of all Q&A and pre-trip planning, will be in this document.
In the Junin de los Andes area, as a business entity, we are competing against seven lodges and 100's of outfitters/guides. On a global scale, we are competing against 100's of travel-fishing destination companies, all selling the same fishing packages to these seven lodges, located in Junin de los Andes. Their business models are built upon the USA dollar and their daily programs are all the same. On the contrary, our business model is built upon the peso 'blue' and the USA dollar (for more info, please read: http://firstcastflyfishing.blogspot.com.ar/2014/12/diy-fly-fishing-patagonia-argentina-us.html). If you understand how the peso 'blue' works, you know that our model automatically saves you up to 50%. Also, our fishing programs are unique because unlike the mass herds of lodge fisherman, we do things different; I guaranty that our Hybrid programs are unique and offer the best fly fishing value in Patagonia.
We simply want anglers of the world to know they have a choice. We thank you for reading and we hope to see you in Patagonia.