|Fly Casting via Public Community Programs|
E.I. Fly™ Public Community Programs
The FCFF public community programs are fun filled educational activities, lasting 1.5 - 2.0 hours. Though the instruction and activities are intended for children, teenagers and young adults, parents/adults (i.e. families) are encouraged to attend.
The FCFF public community programs can be created by individuals, or held in cooperation with the following local organizations.
- Community Parks and Recreation Departments
- Public Libraries
- Public and Private Schools
- National Youth Programs: Boy Scouts of America
- Fund raising events with local and national non-profit agencies
- Local parades, fairs, and other seasonal community celebrations
- Summer Youth Adventure Camps
- Three Rivers Stocking Association (www.3riversstocking.blogspot.com)
- Great BayTrout Unlimited (www.greatbaytu.blogspot.com)
- Coastal Conservation Association of New Hampshire (www.ccanh.org)
- New Hampshire Fish and Game (www.wildlife.state.nh.us)
E.I. Fly™ Activity Descriptions
Fly Casting: This beginner activity offers instruction on fly-fishing fundamentals such as rod set-up and balance, casting theory-instruction, and casting drills & skills. We provide micro-practice rods from ECHO and standard 9 foot fly rods. You will learn a variety of basic casting techniques and just before the end; you will test your skills in the official FCFF casting competition. Be sure to bring your ‘A’ game because winners will take home a prize!
- Cost: Suggested Minimum Donation: $5.00 per person
- Hours: maximum 1.5 - 2.0 hours.
- Capacity: generally 5-10 people, but varies per event.
- Age: 12 years and up. Under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Most businesses run on a profit platform. The core function of this platform is to produce a product, or provide a service, and then sell said product/service at the highest profit margin possible. This should not be a novel concept; we Americans are exposed to this model 24/7. But, rarely do we engage in an organization that offers products or services on a donation only platform...only pay what you can afford. So, why have we chosen this model?
- In a payment system that allows everyone to participate, regardless of your financial circumstances.
- In providing an educational resource for your community. You know..."give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man how to fish, feed him for life."
To meet our core values as fisherman, and to meet a growing public demand for cost friendly methods to engage in the great outdoors, we thought a donation only concept would be the best approach. But, truth be told, people struggle with this concept. For example, people have said, "I read that you are a donation only not-for-profit organization, but how much does a class cost?...what is your hourly rate...seriously, how much do you want to make...you can't work for free...what's the catch...is this some type of scam?" People have also questioned the credibility of our services by suggesting, "well, if you are not charging an hourly rate, the lessons that you provide are probably not worth much."
We realize our donation only payment system, especially in the fishing business, is 100% cooky! We understand that people might have a hard time understanding our motives, and more importantly understand how to make a personal donation. So, rather than swim upstream with this issue, we have created a suggested minimum donation amount. The S.M.D. covers our expenses, which include all equipment, fly tying materials, prizes, gas, and other miscellaneous items. In other words, we give our time, knowledge and expertise for FREE. If you can not meet the S.M.D., please, ONLY PAY FOR WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD.
|FCFF community youth programs are specifically designed for family fun time.|
Date - Time - Location
We are ready and available to teach. If you would like the E.I. Fly™ Public Community Programs to come to your area, please contact FCFF or your local official who coordinates such community programs. Or, you are welcome to create your own event. For example, we have held fly casting and tying events at birthday parties, family events, public libraries, hospitals, senior citizen centers, and youth homes.
We look forward to working with you!