First Cast Fly Fishing (FCFF) is pleased to announce a joint partnership with the Appalachian Mountain Club. FCFF will be offering fly fishing lessons at the AMC Highland Center, located on Route 302, in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. For more information about the AMC program, please visit, http://activities.outdoors.org/search/index.cfm/action/details/id/73766
|An impressive location for fly fishing lessons!|
The one day program will focus on FCFF's beginner casting class called, E.I. Fly 1X. For more details, please visit http://firstcastflyfishing.blogspot.com/p/lessons-guiding_22.html Specific to the program at the Highland Center:
- Three sessions will be offered (mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and early evening).
- Each session will last between 1.5 - 3.0 hours.
- Each group is limited to four people. This allows each participant to have maximum teaching time with the instructor.
- Casting will be performed on land and water.
- You'll receive expert casting instruction from:
- Boy Scouts of America Merit Badge Counselor
- Trout Unlimited and Federation of Fly Fishers Life Member
- Three Rivers Stocking Board Member
- Former Orvis endorsed Patagonia, Argentina Lodge Manager
- Phillips Exeter Academy Fly Fishing Club Head Advisor
- CPR, First-Aide, NOLS Wilderness First-Aide, PADI, NASBLA
Other Fly Fishing Classes in New Hampshire
If you can't make the class at the AMC Highland Center, the majority of our classes are taught on our private casting pond, located near the seacoast of New Hampshire. Keep in mind, our not-for-profit, donation only fee structure provides the best opportunity for beginners to enter this sport. Please feel to read more about our mission and our teaching/educational philosophy.
|If we don't make fly fishing an accessible and affordable sport, we all lose.|
Educational Fly Fishing Classes-Partnerships
We love to teach! Most of our classes are small; one to four students, per session. But, if needed, we can teach larger groups. In fact, one of our goals at FCFF is to set up sustainable community based educational fly fishing programs. In other words, we teach via public/private schools, parks and recreation departments, summer camps, and lots more. We show you and your community how a 'donation only' fly fishing school can be a 'continued' valuable resource for your community. If this sounds interesting to you please read more at http://firstcastflyfishing.blogspot.com/p/about_31.html or contact FCFF.
Hope to see you at a class or on the river!